Thursday, 31 March 2011

mmm...knitting up that yarn....

In between the painting there has been knitting. Cosy woolly scarf knitting. I know it is Spring, but it is windy up here on my hill and when I'm in the garden, or sitting still painting, my neck and back appreciate a really cosy scarf.


Scarf number one, made with 2 skeins Rowan Colourscape, which I succumbed to a couple of weeks ago:I'm a real sucker for space dyed threads, even though I think they always look better in the hank than when knitted as they just go into regular stripes, I rather like the random look they have in hanks.


I used a textured stitch to bring back a bit of life to it and break the stripes up.

Very cosy it is too. Has hardly been off my neck since I finished it on Sunday. Wearing it right now. The other, unfinished scarf, is made with the wool I purchased at the Stitch and Craft Show.


This one doesn't go too stripy...it is slubby and textured and thick and thin...mmmm....space dyed thread that doesn't go too stripy....I might need to find more of this lovely stuff.
The new needles are bliss too.

2 comments:

  1. Ooooohhhh, lovely colours in that yarn, delicious infact! Love Vanessa xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really is a joy Vanessa- lovely to knit with and the colours are so mixed up,no two bits are the same.It is lovely and soft too and very lightweight,so perfect for a scarf to snuggle in.
    I fear I have purchased some more in some different colurways.

    ReplyDelete