Saturday, 7 May 2011

More gorgeous flowers

The next wave of Hippeastrums are blooming.

Some rather fab red and white stripy numbers

A double pink that was a "rescue' bulb

It had been a gift to a friend for Christmas a few years ago and was rescued in the nick of time from the trip to the green bin.

I'm not a huge fan of the doubles, as I love the trumpet shape, but when you look closely into it it is dreamy

and as for the colour on the back of the petals...

Scrumptious.

Things have been a bit manic lately and finding time to create has been a challenge, but today was my first day back in my own undisturbed world of peace,quiet and paint. So I've been having fun this morning printing and sticking and making cards ready for the 'big event next month'...watch this space....

No comments:

Post a Comment