Sunday, 14 August 2011

Forget the weeds, forget the work, enjoy the colours.

Lots and lots to do in the garden, a major part of it needs clearing completely, re-organising and re-planting and it is so easy to get overwhelmed by just the thought of the work ahead and forget to enjoy what is happening out there right now.
There are shiny, glowing red and orange berries



Bright primrose yellow and sharp Lime Green


Soft shades of pink and mauve


Vibrant reds and gutsy orange.


And still plenty of lovely roses. In other years my roses have given up by now, but this Summer they are carrying on blooming.



2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! I'm hoping that next year my garden might be as colourful. It seems to be Borage, with Pink Roses at the minute with white Phlox as a foil.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your garden looks really beautiful, Kate. Just thought I'd mention that I went to Ally Pally last year and one day is long enough for there, it's nowhere near as big as the NEC. (That said, I'm not a knitter so I wasn't really paying much attention to the knitting/yarn stuff.)
    Hen x

    ReplyDelete