Wednesday, 28 September 2011

the wonder of Blogland and the madness of kittens

I've been busy this week. Busy showing a friend and her husband around some lovely touristy things. A Friend I didn't meet until she arrived at my house all the way from Oregon. I had chatted with her online for about two years and this month she came over to see me, and other online friends in the UK, for the first time. We all had fun, it was amazing to finally meet up and laugh together.
Blogland is a wondrous place: one can find all manner of things to inspire, teach and encourage. When I'm working on my own on something and get stuck or lose my way it is great to take time off and visit other people's creations. It is like being back at Art College- able to see other people's work, completely different from one's own and gain a real kick of creativity/up the backside just by knowing someone else is making things/painting things too, things that often are really different from what you are working on, things that make you see what you do differently.
So what am I working on? Well, in between visitors and playing with the ( completely bonkers) kitten, I've been working on designs for some quilting projects

more about those when they are ready- and sketches for paintings.

I would love to get stuck into some sewing, but at the moment an encounter between kitten and sewing machine is just too horrendous to contemplate! So back to the drawing board for me- but in the meantime here are some of the fabrics I plan to use...some bought at the Open Day at Lady Sew and Sew's new fabric wharehouse in Henley- well worth a visit, not least for the fantastic selection of waddings they have on sale there.

Yes, I know my stash cupboard was finally slightly less stuffed with fabric and I wanted it to stay that way. But how could I resist these chickens?


And this Christmas gorgeousness?

Just in case you thought I had managed to take photos undisturbed...er,no.

3 comments:

  1. So glad you had fun with your visitors and I just know how much you love the kitten already. Lovely fabric, love the chickens!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The chickens were irresistible Danuta- as you can see from the photos,not only to me...I managed to sneak in some knitting yesterday while she was asleep.Very daring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so agree with you about blogland and all the arty creatives out there, which is why it's great to see your sketches and ideas at their earliest stages. Wonderful fabrics there ... particularly like that furry one in the last shot - lol!

    ReplyDelete