Saturday, 14 January 2012

110 and counting

110 posts. Crumbs!
I started doing this blog to make myself do stuff: I thought if I made what I was making/painting public, I would be more likely to actually knuckle down and get on with it and I must admit it does spur me on to action ( and finishing things) when I know the blog is there waiting for something to go in it. So, what do I have for you today?


Well, the first bit of the "Swedish Garden" quilt is ready.

Applique shapes, outlined in perle thread blanket stitch, then hand quilted onto thin wadding.
This section of the the quilt will have two layers of wadding, so there will be more stitching to go on the background later, when the rest of the quilt is put together.


Did you notice the bees on the backing fabric? Couldn't believe my luck when I found this fabric, exactly what I was looking for.
And we have another leaf brooch design: I acquired some more felts this week, in lighter, more Spring-like colours, couldn't resist trying out a new design.

On chilly indoor winter days like today the internet is wonderful for finding things that are inspiring and alluring and here's a website you may well love, I know I do, Tula Pink- beautiful and witty fabric designs...love those frog princes and snails...why does hardly anyone seem to stock many Free Spirit fabrics here in the UK? They have some really exciting designers, but only their really established designers' fabrics seem to come into the shops over here. I do occasionally get fabrics from the USA, but it is nice to see and feel fabric 'for real' before purchasing - the Andover fabrics site is particularly good at showing the fabrics clearly so you know what you are getting- I very much like some of their Jo Morton fabrics- very different from Tula Pink, but wouldn't life be dull if we stuck to the same thing all the time?

2 comments:

  1. That quilt is going to be absolutely amazing, I love your way of working. The little brooch is exquisite too! Loved your comment on my blog btw, it did make me smile!
    love Penny x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm trying not to get too excited about the new quilt- it is going well, so far...hope you are feeling ( properly) better today Penny!x

      Delete