Friday, 24 February 2012

Silk Panels

I've been sewing crazy this week as we have two Open Days at Lady Sew and Sew and I'm doing a 'show and tell' on Sunday, so I need to have some new things finished to make it different from the last one I did! So I've been hand quilting on the Swedish Garden Quilt and designing and making new things. New things for new classes...silk panels, can be used as the centre for a cushion cover, a panel on a bag, a decorative mat...put several designs together to make a table runner or a wall hanging. Two done, four more to go.



I've been outlining the designs with machine stitching, which works well with the silk, but I have to say I do prefer to handstitch, felt really quite worn out after the concentration required to go around all the swirls and wiggles!

6 comments:

  1. How much time does that take for heaven's sake? Stunning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It took over twelve hours to finish two-which is why today has been a 'no sewing' day!

      Delete
  2. hi Kate
    I just wanted to bob by and say how much I value your sweet words when you visit me in the attic. You have a knack of saying just the right thing, it cheers me enormously. Thank you ♥
    Have a fab weekend, hope the sun is shining
    Lucexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sun is indeed shining.Thanks Lucy! You have a good one too.x

      Delete
  3. The Swedish garden quilt is gorgeous, I love those wonderful patterns you have made, I think it looks very Swedish, or scandinavian? I like the swirls on the silk too. Such patience and so beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are gorgeous. Love the colours on the 2nd one. Maggie xx

    ReplyDelete