Monday, 5 March 2012

Stitching against the clock

Remember the Autumn Leaves blocks?


Now I've started on a 'final' small quilt sized version, using all four block designs and I need to have it ready to show a class I am teaching to make it, so I'm stitching against the clock.


Enjoying it though, as the design is turning out even better than I hoped.


I'm doing it in brushed cottons as I like brushed cottons, I realise I probably need to make another in batiks, as it does look good in batiks. Making work for myself? I fear so. But I am thoroughly enjoying doing all the handwork on it-edging and quilting.




If I make it in batiks I will do it all with the machine as I've found batik fabrics are horrendous to hand embroider- very dense and very hard and boy, do your fingers hurt afterwards.

1 comment:

  1. I am enjoying all the hand stitching, I really should do some myself...

    ReplyDelete