Sunday, 25 March 2012

A weekend in the garden



I love the longer light evenings, out in the garden until dusk, lots to get done before everything grows beyond help: in between cutting back the overgrown hedge, pruning the roses I should have pruned a month or so ago and sorting the greenhouse, it is nice to take time to enjoy the Spring flowers.

Even nicer to take time to sit outside in the sunshine on a comfy bench with a cup of tea, smelling the perfume from primroses, hyacinths and violets wafting on a gentle breeze.
Indoors? Not on days like these.

4 comments:

  1. The bench looks really inviting...
    It's great to be outside on days like this, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think some of the nicest garden bench days are in Spring and Autumn,unexpected warmth is always a bonus!

      Delete
    2. Can I enjoy your flowers please, as I don't have any in my 'garden'. I need to find a gardener! By the way, I am IN LOVE with your leaves quilt - truly! xC

      Delete
    3. Thanks Catherine, I'm still absurdly pleased with the way the leaves quilt has worked out-I keep getting it out and stroking it.Sad, but true.

      Delete