Monday, 16 April 2012

Putting Pen to Paper

Very exciting  starting work developing sketchbook ideas into final drawings.

 

 Yes, I know I have loads of quilting and finishing to do on the Swedish Garden Quilt- been creating a big sunflower today-but in between bouts of stitching I have started drawing up the next few ideas.

 

The "Poptastic" Quilt, 30" square for a wall hanging, but can be made larger as a quilt by adding wider borders to it or repeating the block.

 

 Simple graphic blocks, crazy fabrics.

 

 My fingers are itching.

 


"Tree Bird", a wall hanging sized piece, using these lovely smallish print folky fabrics. Lots to do to get them ready to make, but already getting excited by the possibilities of the designs for using on cushions, mats etc to match the hangings/quilts.

 
 
I've also begun to draw some vague Christmas ideas...I know, I know...

1 comment:

  1. I know just from your sketch that I am going to love this one. Have had the lurgy too - just recovering - yuk! So, no ... haven't painted garage yet!! XCathy

    ReplyDelete