Wednesday, 11 April 2012

Table runner


Here's another version of my Autumn Leaves design, machine sewn this time, as it is in Batiks, they are just too much hard work for fingers. Using three of the Autumn Leaves panels made up as a table runner. I never thought I would say this of batiks, but they really work well for this design, the pattern and texture make the design look way more complicated than it is.


If you want to learn how to make this block I'm teaching it on Saturday April 21st at Lady Sew and Sew where I will also be showing my new designs as part of a 'show and tell' on their next two Open Days, April 18th and 22nd. Have to get back to my sewing now, or I will have nothing new to 'show and tell'- quilts and cushion covers to finish and rumour has it I need to have a Christmas table runner/placemat design ( I know...we've only just had Easter...) prepared. I have to say that I'm finding it quite hard to get enthusiastic about festive designs when the Spring has only just arrived- though if we have as much ice falling out of the sky this afternoon as we had yesterday, it might just get a bit easier!

No comments:

Post a Comment