Friday, 8 June 2012

Open Studio









Vile here today- wildly windy, lashing rain with hardly a break between one 'shower' and the next. Looks like a return of  'curse of Open Studio' style weather....busy day indoors  preparing. My studio is off the kitchen, so the kitchen gets hi-jacked for the fortnight of Open Studios, with me putting paintings up each day after we have breakfasted and taking them down swiftly once I close for the day so I can make the dinner and use the table. Doing a dummy run this afternoon to see if everything fits where it is supposed to go. More hand printed cards to make, but otherwise, everything ready- matching quilts, table runners and cushions in position, two stage costumes on dummies, paintings laid out and hung or displayed on easels , brooches on display boards just in case anyone braves the deluge outside and visits...assuming my direction signs and posters don't fly away, I've rescued them twice already today!

6 comments:

  1. My goodness, everything looks great and fabulous!
    You are really clever making all those beautiful
    creations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The horrid weather has helped- can't get out into the garden,so indoors making things instead.

      Delete
  2. The costumes are fabulous! Hey - it's not snowing...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - I didn't realise you painted as well!! Your paintings are just wonderful - so eye-catching and bright. I hope your Open Studios goes well. One day, when you're feeling up to it, I will depress you with the sad tale of my own Open Studios a few years ago! Still haven't bought my Oak Leaf brooch yet - will remedy that! xCathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cathy, I did it for the first time last year and it was good- but still v. nervous about it! Showing all new stuff , hoping the weather isn't too grim...you see I'm depressed about it already...plenty of Oak Leaves in stock now to choose from!

      Delete