Monday, 17 September 2012

Bridport Hat Festival Weekend 2012

A very busy few days.
Beautiful weather on Saturday and the town was very busy- I only see the Hat Festival from the inside of the Hall where I have my stall, so I rely on reports from others to know what is doing in the great outdoors. While everyone outside is gathering for the Big Mass Hat Wearing Photo at 12.30 on  the Saturday, those of us inside with our stalls are very busy taking advantage of the lack of customers, indulging in hat-related chat and trying on eachother's hats. We are kept going throughout the day by the lovely ladies who bake beautiful cakes and brew tea- there was a bit of a scrimmage over the final slice of coffee walnut...though, after setting the stall up and manning it all day, I think cake is allowed!


 These three lovely ladies visited my stall on Sunday, the two daughters  tried on hats and their mother bought one- and very lovely she looks wearing it too.

 The big surprise of the weekend for me was meeting a gentleman from my Primary School, who was wearing his original, instantly recognisable, school cap. Another delight was meeting a lady who reads this very blog ( hello again!) and on the Sunday I had the immense pleasure of being next to the stall of the delightful people who run the Feather Factory.

 Oh my! What lovely feathers- and what amazing things they do with them! 




This week is the first Birthday of Lady Sew and Sew's Henley Wharehouse, so I shall be busy helping get the place ready then doing my 'show and tell' talks  for their Open Days on Thursday and Sunday this week. See you there! Hope to get time to give you a sneak preview of the new displays we have created for the event...and perhaps also a peek at my brand new HAT!

5 comments:

  1. Lovely pictures Kate and super hats too. What a coincidence to meet your old school chum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so odd when such a familiar school cap appeared!Almost had to pinch myself.

      Delete
  2. HIya
    I found your blog off a photo link on google - I too was at the Hat Festival, doing photos for the Hatters. I too loved the feathers - they were just stunning.

    I have blogged my experience @ http://deeatthecarlton.blogspot.co.uk/2012/09/a-fabulous-hat-festival-once-again.html

    Regards
    Dee at The Carlton

    ReplyDelete