Thursday, 20 September 2012

Open Days at Lady Sew and Sew

Today was the first of two Open Days at Lady Sew and Sew. The fabric wharehouse has been open for a year this month, and I was asked to make some displays to help the celebrations. The white/cream fabrics were a bit dull on their own, so one of my dressmaker's dummies has gone on holiday to Henley for a few weeks and is togged out in odd bits of calico and cellophane to make a patchworking bride.

 



The Hallow'een display ghost is perched on some of my hat stands, fresh home from the Bridport Hat Festival, 


and I never knew there were so many different fabric advent calendars available!


We have a good supply of Autumnal fabrics too- oh, and a couple of chicken cushions hanging about looking innocent. To see more of them head to Popular Patchwork's November edition.


The next Open Day is on Sunday- I shall be doing my 'show and tell' talk again, hope to see you there- there will also be a talk from Rowan/Coates Yarns and Fabrics- which should be fascinating. They have put together some really lovely displays of Tula Pink and Kaffe Fassett quilts and fabrics at the wharehouse.  Tula's quilts are over from the USA and won't be here for ever, so grab a chance to see them while you can: there is a lovely selection of Kaffe Fassett quilts too- worth a trip over just to see them- and as for the display racks of Rowan fabrics,well, yummy sums it up nicely.

4 comments:

  1. Wrong blog, I know, but just back from a week in Dorset and wanted to say how nice it was to meet you at the Hat Festival on Saturday, and what fun the Festival is!! See you in Henley no doubt!! Regards Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Heather,see you soon in Henley.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Kate, how on earth do you do these magical things?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'm lazy- I'm coming to the conclusion that perhaps I'm a bit hyperactive to make up for it...

      Delete