Wednesday, 24 October 2012

Playtime

Once I've worked out a design, the instructions and the templates it is sometimes fun to play around with it. I try to design projects that are fairly easy, forgiving ( i.e. you don't have to be the most accurate person in the universe to get a decent result)  and can be worked in any fabrics you fancy, including scraps. 


 So this week I'm having a play with the Funky Tree Runner, turning it into a wall hanging ready for the Christmas Quilt Show at Lady Sew and Sew. I'm using the same foundation pieced units of tree, star and zig zag border, plus some added mistletoe, just arranging them slightly differently. I'm also using different fabrics, more sludgetastic designs.  I love the bright graphic Stof fabrics and they will look great in my studio and kitchen come Christmas, but I think something a bit less in your face for the hallway...so this afternoon I made a start.

No comments:

Post a Comment