Friday, 30 November 2012

Planning and plotting the Christmas Sideboard of Cake 2012

 Yes, Gingerbread House and Christmas Sideboard of Cake planning time is upon me. December tomorrow and I must start to get my act together on the cake baking front. Here's a reminder of last year's  cakes and this year I shall give you some -I hope- Handy Hints for making your own. Way cheaper than purchasing, surprisingly easy, and way more fun to be had making and, of course, testing the quality to make sure everything is up to scratch.
 So, how about  joining me for a 'Cake Countdown' over the weeks before Christmas? Every week I shall give you a rundown of what you need to get organised to make particular cakes and when we get to making time, recipes and instructions. The cakes in the photos today are from last year, but you can see how they turn out.
This year the sideboard is going to be an International Sideboard of Cake. I shall be doing a Gingerbread House:



 a Lemon Drizzle Cake:

 

An extra Chocolately Velvet Cake with  festive spiced buttercream filling:

 

a Czech Honey and Nut cake ( this is a first for me, so no photos of that yet!),  a Scandinavian Apple and walnut cake- no photo of this one either, we have always eaten it so quickly I've not got round to a photo



 and a Norwegian almond tower. There will also be some occasional muffins and mince pies- so keep your eyes peeled for posts with a 'Cake Countdown' title in the coming weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment