Saturday, 9 February 2013

Kimono Case- the pleasure of teaching a class

I taught another class to make my Kimono Case yesterday. 
  I love seeing how the case turns out, everyone brings completely different fabrics and colours to work with, combinations and styles that can be so different from that in Popular Patchwork or the various versions I made developing the design. I sometimes think I could make it in my sleep!








  A particular joy of designing a project is seeing what other people do with it. When one of my designs is in a magazine, I feel a bit sad that I don't get to see the versions that are made as a result,  with a class it is such fun to watch how the design comes to life with someone else's choice of fabrics, great to be surprised by how a design you think you know all about can turn out.

No comments:

Post a Comment