Wednesday, 1 May 2013

A surprise arrival









A very nice surprise arrival indeed. An unwanted, unloved item in need of a new home found its way to my doorstep yesterday.  I can keep my threads and pins and scissors tidy beside the sofa, out of reach of Team Tabby, who do like a hank of thread as a playmate- they sneak up silently, reach out a tentative paw, hook them down from the table/sofa  and race off with them...not any more! And look- it has a handle, it can travel- it can follow me and my sewing to a spot in the sunshine during the day, back to beside the sofa in the evening. Perfect!

4 comments:

  1. this is an incredibly useful and great looking item to have for any crafter! I am glad you saved it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have always rather wanted one, so when my neighbour arrived with it, I was delighted!

      Delete
  2. I have one of those, I think it was a gift for my 15th birthday. It now has no legs, no handle and one of the lids has been glued back together but it does exactly what it should.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a very small one that holds very small things- but this big one is brilliant. Rita has already tried to get inside....

      Delete