Friday, 21 June 2013

City Sampler Quilt Along: week 3

Twelve blocks done...not even thinking how many more there are! Loving seeing what everyone else is doing with the same blocks- the flickr page is a huge virtual scrappy quilt of crazy colour and pattern.



 The same block looks so different done by someone else- which points up just why I love quilting, everyone can find and enjoy their own thing. I am seriously envious of some of the fabric choices and as for the accuracy of some of the blocks- wow!



  I'm sticking to a limited colour and fabric range for my version of the quilt and as I want a portable project I'm putting the blocks together into four square panels and quilting as I go.


  It isn't too late to join in- these blocks are a quick make and seriously addictive, you can easily make three or four in an evening. Just pay a visit to the awesome Sara at Sew Sweetness and follow the links to all the pages 
( three thus far) to play catch-up!

3 comments:

  1. Lovely colors... fabrics plays such an important role in quilting! :)you chose such beautiful!
    Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's looking good! And no, I couldn't make four blocks in an evening ... I wish! It was only when I made my first simple quilt last year that I realised how difficult it really is to get the blocks 100% accurate. Should be simple, but it's not! xCathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are a bit less wobbly than the photos make them look- but yes, accuracy is hard! Some of the blocks people have made are AWESOME in their precision.I've pulled several of them apart and re-made them, but the overall effect should reduce the wobble factor!

      Delete