Tuesday, 18 June 2013

Kaffe Fassett ribbons,shots and stripes.

 Been working on a project using the new ribbons from Kaffe Fassett and fabrics from the stripes and shots range. I'm hoping we get some proper Summer before October, in the hope of encouraging some warmth, I'm calling this the Indian Summer Runner and if we get a day warm enough to eat outside, I shall be using this on the table. The fabrics are very fine and you do need to be quite careful with the cutting and sewing- I'm going to experiment making another panel using some iron-on interfacing to stabilise the fabric before stitching the ribbon in place. With unstabilised fabric, the ribbon needed to be bondawebbed in place before stitching to avoid lots of wrinkles! Love the rich colours in these fabrics and they are a delight to hand sew- the finished piece is so soft and flowing, very stroke-able!



5 comments:

  1. Beautifully summery. I hope you get to use it outside...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely fabulous - the colours are edible with or without bananas and lemons! My first (and last!!) Open Studios was like yours - learnt my lesson. A lot of faff and expense and time for no return. Never again! xCathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Cathy-I think it is a combination of all sorts of things, not least that here we are right on the edge of the county, so people in Oxfordshire and Berkshire don't think to come into Bucks and there is no really large town within striking distance that hears about it as we are another county, which means we may as well be another planet!The first year we had super weather and I had lots of people who had come out from London for a day in the country looking at studios. The weather has been AWFUL- I've even had to keep the door closed on the nicer days to stay warm/dry, with a poster on it saying please open and come in!

      Delete
  3. it looks simply awesome! i like the fabric's colors, and adorable hearts you made!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Your anniversary trip looked wonderful- same sort of weather we have here, I'm hoping my warm coloured runner will encourage the sun....mmm...possibly not!

      Delete