Tuesday, 30 July 2013

Back to teaching drawing.

 I spend a lot of time on my own in the studio and it is really nice to go out and teach. Today I was back in school, teaching youngsters drawing and painting. We worked from a big bucket full of leaves and plants, using water colours, pens and pencils, sketching and experimenting. I always do demos during classes- which is a bit scary, as they can go horribly wrong, but that is what sketching is about, playing with something and working it out as you go. I was quite pleased with these, so here they are. I've been completely hi-jacked by sewing for weeks now, so it was lovely to be back with the paintbrush in my hand. 

 





At the end of the day we made collages from leaves cut from painted paper- I need to find a way of doing this with fabric!

1 comment:

  1. What lovely images Kate. I really need you to come and direct me, too.

    ReplyDelete