Sunday, 7 July 2013

Tula Pink jelly roll "Swirl" wall hanging- second finished UFO of the weekend!






All done! Added a bit more embroidery yesterday and now I'm happy that this one is finished too. I wanted to try out a new technique with this hanging- hand turned applique- and to do something slightly different with jelly roll strips.
 One more UFO to go, then I can start a new project- well, might just have to start it before the UFO is completed. It is hard to resist the siren call of a new project, especially one that needs to be finished in two weeks time...



4 comments:

  1. It is really striking - I love it. I said 'Ooooh' out loud! But what is kind of interesting is ... I read so much about UFOs in the world of sewing/quilting/knitting, but what is it that makes you give up for a while? Cos, when you started it you must have been all fired up, so where does that enthusiasm go? Or do you just get even more enthusiastic about something else? In pottery, there's no putting it aside really. xCathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cathy, glad you like it! It wasn't a proper UFO that had lain idle for months, like the Christmas one below, but it had been lurking for a week or two pretending it was finished when actually it needed more work on it! My UFOs mostly happen as I get distracted by new projects or projects that have a deadline push them aside.

      Delete
  2. Wow...your wall hanging looks fantastic. I love the little details.
    Grit from Germany

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Your hexagon quilt is wonderful, you have such patience!

      Delete