Thursday, 12 September 2013

Plenty of Painting

 I have been commissioned to do some paintings. Twelve to be precise. A new Psychiatric Ward is being built at a local hospital and it will have plenty of art happening in it. The theme for the work was 'outside in" and they wanted work that would bring the natural world into the building. I have been commissioned to produce twelve 30cm square paintings, four sets of three, that will also work as a whole group of twelve, loosely based on seasons, using plant imagery. I'm pretty damn thrilled by this, worked on painting number one yesterday. I'm starting in Winter as I think it will be more fun to go through the seasons from chilly starkness to luxuriant foliage rather than the other way round!

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Kate, what a fab commission. Love this painting, really epitomises Winter, as you say. Please do show us the rest...
    Hen xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hen- put in for the commission never imagining I would be chosen. Very exciting!x

      Delete
  2. I agree with Hen!! Congratulations! What an amazing project to work on! It was lovely meeting you again at the Hat Festival! Catch up with you somewhere along the line hopefully! Heather X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great seeing you too Heather, hope you enjoyed the rest of the Festival.x

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. It is- I am very thrilled, just got to get all the paintings done before my operation in four weeks time- no pressure!

      Delete