Friday, 1 November 2013

Jelly Roll Christmas


We all get tempted by jelly rolls. All those lovely fabric patterns, all the cutting done for you...I was tempted last year by a jelly roll of the Moda 



'Joy' range and succumbed to its charms. I decided I would make some Christmas items to go with my runners from last year, I would make until I ran out of Jelly Roll,  just to see how much I could get from one roll, I had so much fun, I confess I bought a second roll. Next Thursday, November 7th, I am teaching a class at Lady Sew and Sew in Henley upon Thames, "Jelly Roll Christmas"- students will get all the templates they need to make a set of tablemats, table runner, tray cloth, tea/coffee cosy, cafetiere jackets  ( 3 sizes) and a pot holder and more- enough lovely festive makes to make your kitchen properly Christmassy, all from one Jelly Roll- they make great gifts too! All the items are simply Foundation Pieced, all use 2.5" strips, so great stash busters too. There are a few places left- I will be teaching with my new post-thyroid removal 'Barry White' style voice, which should add a note of hilarity to proceedings, just bring along loads of fabrics from your festive stash (I know we all have one of those....) for maximum stripping fun - see you next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment