Tuesday, 7 January 2014

Forget the gloom, Spring will arrive...

 I have a couple of brave snowdrops right outside my window ready to open out if it gets warm and calm enough, their lovely white buds glowing in the gloom and wriggling and jiggling with every gust of wind. A reminder that however dark and grim it is out there, the seasons do move on.
 Indoors I have cheered myself up by starting a little project to cheer tha house up a bit. When I took down the decorations and put away all my Christmas table runners the rooms looked so bare and dull I decided something needed to be done and FAST.
 So, I went back to my little foundation pieced tree design from last year, easy to make, goes together in no time, a few adjustments of size, some plain fabrics and a jolly jelly roll ( Amy Butler Soul Blossoms ) that had been lurking in my stash for too long, some buttons and perle embroidery threads...and voila, a Spring tree. Wall hanging and runners to follow-watch this space....


2 comments:

  1. This brings joy to my cold winter heart! It's so gloriously bright and colourful, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just HAD to get something Springy and positive made! Too much gloom, though today, it is beautiful outside.

      Delete