Monday, 6 January 2014

Here we go!

 Suddenly the Christmas decorations look sad instead of jolly, suddenly it is time to stop the hibernation and get on with all the ideas that have popped into my head whilst sitting about enjoying everything Christmas ( except the massive piles of washing and washing up), suddenly I am feeling better after the operation and suddenly I am 60. Quite how I reached 60 so fast is beyond me.
 This year I am setting myself a little fun challenge. In my hallway I have four square picture frames. They had paintings in them, but I got sick of the sight of them and took them all out some months ago. The frames were on the wall, empty. I thought this would encourage me to get on and paint some new pictures to go in them, but in fact nothing of the sort happened....come December I realised that they were the first thing you saw as you walked in the door and how grim did those empty frames look surrounded by festive decorations?  
Thus, the 'Cup of Coffee Challenge" was born.
 How does it work?
1) Make coffee.
2) Take four frames  down from the wall
3) BEFORE the coffee has got cold, make four related images to fit in the frames.
4) Re-hang filled frames and admire while finishing the still hot coffee.
I started with some glitter card and paper snowflakes- 10 minutes max from start to finish. Visitors loved them.



 This morning, after watching the wind throwing the branches of my trees around, the new set was made. There will be a quilted wall hanging to go with them...but that will take more than one cup of coffee!
 

 Happy New Year everyone!




No comments:

Post a Comment