Thursday, 16 January 2014

Wool quilt progress and some more Spring Trees

 Still raining, but less than it was, we are even getting a bit of sunshine. Way more motivating and consequently work progresses. Here are this week's makes- three more Spring Tree blocks put together to create a wall hanging, ready to be quilted and embellished



 The second wool quilt block, first layer of stitching complete and now ready for the second layer of quilting and embroidering. There will be four of this block design in the quilt, so just as well I am enjoying doing it, but each will use different fabrics.



4 comments:

  1. I love the way you've combined the simple colours of the trees with the brightly patterned borders xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maggie.I'm loving making this design and have all sorts of different versions I want to try out.

      Delete
  2. Hi Kate - Happy New Year! and a big big thank you for my gorgeous felt oak leaf brooch. I just love it. You were so kind! I also love your work with wool - so warm, earthy and just all round beautiful! xCathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cathy! glad the brooch got to you. I'm loving working with the woollen fabrics, such a joy to handle- I have a wool and felt project on the way too, but that is still at the sketch stage. I shall be using your buttons with wool fabric- they look lovely together.x

      Delete