Sunday, 25 May 2014

Wool Quilt- DONE!

 I have loved making this quilt, the softness of the fabrics in my hands as I sewed it block by block, the coziness of the whole quilt over my knees as I sashed the blocks together and stitched the edge binding. It took a lot of hours, not least as Team Tabby, now a team of three, also enjoyed the softness and coziness of the wool and the instant they saw me working on it, would dive onto my lap to sit on it or under it.





Sometimes one at a time, sometimes all at once. Keeping your stitches invisible and regular when there is a cat sitting on the work and one either side of you on the arms of the chair, trying to wriggle under it, is not ideal. Fun, but far from ideal. Many an evening I set out to stitch and ended up just cuddling a cat! I shall rather miss this project, but can't wait for the Autumn chill evenings/early mornings when I will snuggle under it. On to the next hand stitch project- there are lots of other things being made, which will appear here soon... I have been itching to start on the next one-well, if I am honest, two- quilted projects. This one will be going to the show at the NEC in August, I shall try to ensure there are no Tabby hairs in evidence for the show, but I am sure some will sneak in!

4 comments:

  1. Seriously, not just saying this, I do so love your work and your way with colours and textures. This is simply beautiful and I am already envious of your winter evenings! x cathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cathy- nice to hear! Wait 'till you see the next one.....X

      Delete
  2. Do you have a pattern for your wool quilt? IT IS BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!! Would love to buy the pattern from you if you have one available.

    Thanks, Jeane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jeane, I am in the process of writing up all my patterns to prepare them for sale- later this year they will be going in my folksy and etsy shops ( links to the right), will be a few more months before they are ready to go, but they will be for sale soon, so swing by and check it out occasionally!

      Delete