Tuesday, 2 September 2014

Loads to do!

 I sat and made a list last night of all the things I need to do before November and the West Country Quilt Show. Realising it was already September, I thought I should get my act together. I now have a scary list of 21 projects. Only 21? No pressure!
 First thing to get completed is my 'Runaway Sampler" knee quilt. Teaching three classes at Lady Sew & Sew  September 9, 11 and 14. If you take all three you will have a sampler knee quilt by the end-all the blocks are 'quilt as you go' so can be put together any way you want- three techniques, Foundation piecing,English Paper Piecing and Needle-turned Appliqué. Currently finishing up the final row of English Paper Piecing, which I am finding a very relaxing technique. Tracey Chevalier is giving a talk the evening of Wednesday September 10th, plenty more classes during the week to compliment her talk and a show by Maidenhead Quilters who have made  quilts using all the techniques and patterns mentioned in The Last Runaway- should be a really enjoyable week at Lady Sew & Sew September 8-15!




 What else is going on? This coming weekend it is Bridport Hat Festival and I will be there again with a new set of unique Hat /Shawl pins, always a really fun weekend and I get to visit my family too! More photos of the new pins and hats will follow.

 Have made a start on organising  for the West Country Show- rather excited about making these into something fun to go with the quilt displays...


No comments:

Post a Comment